Monday, July 20, 2009

44. Attend a munch

What is it: Within the BDSM community, a munch is a public gathering of similarly kinky people, usually taking place in a restaurant or bar. Sometimes there's a kinky topic of discussion, but more often than not, it's just a meet and greet for people with comparable sexual tastes. I've been to larger scale BDSM events where I can sink safely into anonymity, but I've never been to a munch even though there are a couple of very active TNG (The Next Generation--for people 18-35) groups in my areas. Getting over my social anxiety, biting the bullet and heading to a munch will be a major step in actually involving myself in the BDSM community, educating myself, and forming contacts that are either similarly kinked or at the very least completely cool with the way I am kinked--basically other people with whom I can be completely open about the real nature of my relationship--people I can talk to this stuff about.

One caveat: D doesn't particularly want me to go to a munch by myself, so hopefully we'll be able to find one that fits into both our schedules, or he'll acquiesce and let me go it alone.





Status:
Haven't started.

No comments:

Post a Comment