Monday, July 20, 2009

49. Run a Mile without stopping

What is it: I've been doing a good job of getting back into shape in general and building up my cardiovascular endurance, but even at my "peak" I could never run a mile without stopping. I've never been much of a runner up until college, and even then, I'm very particular about how I run--around the city, alone, with my head phones. And I've never been able to pace myself well--I'm either almost sprinting or walking. My major accomplishment, when I was running regularly (no sidewalks where I am now, so a gym membership has to suffice), was to run the full length of one side of the Harvard/MIT bridge. I think if I run both sides and the to-and-from apartment, it evens out to about a mile (will do google map calculations to be sure). I hate running on a track (feel like a gerbil), but I won't completely veto the idea of testing this task on a track.




Status:
Haven't started

No comments:

Post a Comment