Wednesday, July 22, 2009

70. Buy no more than 15 non-necessary books

What is it: I've changed the number here a bunch of times--first it was 5, and I thought there's no way I can buy so few books, then it was 25 and I thought that was way too high, especially given that I'm not counting books bought with gift cards in this number (because it's not my money, and in many cases, the card will depreciate over time). So I settled on 15. Enough so that I can run out get the new novel from my favorite author, or get stuff from the COOP (where I won't get gift cards), but low enough to make this to require a substantial amount of effort from me.

I'm a self-professed bibliophile and I own way too fucking many books (4 6x3 shelves and more books besides) and what's worse, is that there are still a ton of books I haven't read sitting on my shelves. By limiting my book purchases, I'm hoping to save some money and focus on reading the books I already own (maybe that'll be a goal for my next list).




Status:
In progress (2/15)

8/12/09- Purchased Anais Nin's Delta of Venus, as an End of GRE gift to myself.
Some time ago- Purchased Nerve: Literate Smut at the Book Barn with D

No comments:

Post a Comment